Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Caverns on monday..

I worked in the a.m and rushed home to gather the children and off we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns here in Schertz Texas.
I was thinking it would be nice to get out of the 102 degree heat 10% humidity by going underground for a while, What I didn't realize was that it was a constant 77 degrees with 99% humidity. Very clammy.
We really enjoyed the natural wonder and beauty of the caverns, and getting to the deepest point was not very difficult,
it was the realization that we had to climb back out again. The trail was very steep, but well designed with safety in mind. Thankfully there were a few rest spots on the tour and we were able to relax and really take note of the majestic underworld. We followed a tour that was almost 2 miles underground. So I can count that as my workout for July.





After the tour we were typical tourists and hit the souvenir shop and flattened pennies in remembrance of our visit.

No comments: