Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday already

Wow, this week has flown by.....Wednesday William and I took cousin Louie back to Houston, Kati wanted to stay behind and chill. As much as I wanted her to go with us, I could understand her being the only pre teen in a house full of 'kids' .

We made great time, and arrived at 7:30 ish, ate and watched a movie..

Woke up to the beautiful sounds of Eve at 8:00am and then the day began..

We all went to a lovely beach in Galveston, OK, so not aqua blue seas and white sand, (that would be the south pacific).... but a great beach none the less. we pulled the cars onto the sand and had a fab afternoon.




We flew kites, ate, swam, ate, relaxed, ate, swam, get the picture?



Packed up around 6 ish and headed home. What a great day.

Because the boys took a micro nap in the car on the way back, they were up playing forever.
Not that we minded too much, Mike, Karen and I watched 'The nanny Diaries' and called it a day by 10:30pm.
I was relying on EVE the alarm clock to wake me up at 8 am so I could get on the road by 9. A three hour drive, and I had to be at work by 2 pm. No worries....

My phone rang at 10:15 and woke me up. eeeeeeeeekkkkk. Sorry, I am not pleased with the way I left the guest room but we were on the road back to San Antonio by 10:30am.
With no delays and no tickets, (but I was trailed for 5 miles by Highway patrol after I slowed down from 85 to 74) We made it back at 1:35, enough time to change clothes, grab a diet coke and head off to work.

So, there goes another adventure...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Kati had taken to doing the night shift of watching TV and chilling, then sleeping in until the afternoon hours, this is going to be a tough one to break.

3 comments:

The Nester Family said...

I want to come and go on vacation with you. Sounds like, and looks like you are having a wonderful summer!!

l.hollie said...

how on earth did you get into the car and on the road in 15 minutes???

English Rose said...

We went to the beach again today Juli and it was slightly cloudy at times but the temperature was a bit cooler and the water was very pleasant - wish you could have been there but enjoyed having you here for a couple of days anyway and you are always welcome.