Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Halfway through wednesday....


We were up with the roosters today to assemble and hit the WILDLIFE RANCH..AFRICAN SAFARI..TEXAS STYLE. Hoping to get there before the hottest part of the day and to see some animals actually moving rather than asleep under a tree. Kati said she wanted to stay home, 'been there done that' kind of feeling, so I took William and cousin Louie. It all begins rather well, we sang at the top of our lungs on the ride out there, Making the most out of having a convertible..
We first spotted some deer, actually very many deer, but seeing as they are a normal everyday sight for us it was no thrill, moving onto the other exotic animals....


I will basically call most of them deer or goats, for lack of knowing the correct name. The most used phrase on our 'safari' was stop throwing the food AT the animals, throw it TO them. There are some poor Llamas with a 3 month supply of food pellets stuck in their long stringy matted coats .



The zebras were a hit, they were the friendliest herd, and the hungriest, or maybe the greediest.
I heard one of the boys, I will not mention a name , and he was telling the English one to aim for the whites of their eyes.
Now you really must remember that I love the paint job on my car, so I was a bit nervous when the big horned goat/deer looking animals approached. Both boys were doing what boys do best and hanging out of the car by their fingernails to get a CLOSER look.

It was so cute to hear them try and identify which animals were male or female, and of course the arguments broke out as to what poo belonged to what animal.
I was attacked again by the ostrich...I think they were wanting to get at the camera, but here's a great shot of one of them going in for the kill. I was actually laying down across the front seats, trying to get as far back as possible, but I guess having a 4 foot neck has it's advantages.
THIS WAS AS CLOSE AS I WANTED TO GET....
HOLY CRAP. THERE GOES MY DIET COKE.

THIS BIRD STILL WANTS A PIECE OF ME.. CHECK OUT MY MIRROR SHOT.


We then headed out to the petting barn..


Both boys conveniently forgot to read the warning about picking up the baby goats, hence, both were peed on..
I fell in love with this little goat, he was so adventurous, climbing on his mother, and she laid there so patiently.
We finished off our adventure with a visit to the gift store...buying key chains and flattening pennies......

The big argument of the day went something like this....."I'm hotter than you...NO, I'm hotter than you, no you're not, I'm hotter than you." repeated at least 15 times, and they weren't talking about being hot for the girls either.

We stopped in at my work, TEXAS PECAN CANDY to indroduce Louie to my friends. they were treated to a chocolate covered pretzels and some ice cream. What a perfect morning...

No comments: