Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a fantastic day....

I had the best day, I know the boys did. I am talking about being a walking den leader for the scout day camp.....oh where to begin... Well, The morning at home was quite rushed seeing as I knew I had to get a zillion things done before we left, But the kids were great and helped a lot. Kati was hard at it, mainly because she wanted to relax after we left and do her own thing. I have no idea what her fixation is with eye wear.


Here she is with a pair of frames on her face, no lenses...


And off to day camp we go....

I was not happy to have to wear tennis shoes, The last time I wore any kind of footwear other than flip flops or sandals was last year at the scout camp. The nice weather in Texas means NO closed shoes. We had to wear them for day camp for safety reasons and for the fact we were walking through long dried pokey filled grass and deer poop. Not to mention all the bugs and fire ants.
Moving on.....


After a delayed flag raising ceremony it was off to the pool,


They had a brief splash and cool off seeing as it was 98 degrees in the shade.

Then it was onto the slingshots...


Next up was archery...



Lunch time...



Because the camp this year is all about AMERICAN HERO'S, the boys wrote letters to a soldier or soldiers in Iraq. These will be sent after camp is over



Off to B.B shooting...






Sports was next... the boys played basketball Frisbee

crafts, I liked this one...



Last but not least, was Wilderness games....


Here they are waiting for instructions....
By this time we were all a little bit tired, but it was fun to see the boys running around with flashlights, exploring and having a good time.
We signed out and headed home, minus 2 misplaced lunch boxes, but all is well....I am actually thinking of signing up next year for the whole camp, not just one day. I had on my pedometer for the day, over 5590 steps....wow, I wonder what that translates into miles.

1 comment:

l.hollie said...

i used to wear lenseless glasses when i was a kid too. I wanted glasses, braces and more freckles. I never needed glasses, never needed braces, and what little frecklage i had left me. boo.