Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 2...Activia..


Whew...it was a hot one today, up to 102 degrees. That would be about 38 celcius I think. Wouldn't you know it, the pool is closed on mondays for cleaning.

Had a great morning at work, went really fast, then I stopped in at Melissa's to visit with a friend I met in 1972...Holy smokes, that's only 37 years ago.
Anyhow, Steven Foote was a missionary back then in the England Leeds mission and was teaching my dad about the church. My dad was baptized on 19th July 1972. I have fond memories of Elder Foote and his companion, but that was back then. FAST FORWARD Melissa and her family moved into our ward the same time we did in 2007 and became friends, then out of the blue I was looking at one of her photography books and behold there was Steven Loren Foote, so, I posed the obvious question, why do you have a picture of Elder Foote in your book, and she informed me he was her uncle, married to her aunt Barbara. as Disney put it, it's a small world.


Anyhow, so I stopped into visit and it was so good to see him, yes we have all aged, or should I say matured, but he still has the same sweet smile, and grand spirit I remember.He gave me the greatest compliment when he told me I look exactly like my mum. I wish we could have chatted longer but we all had to go our separate ways, I would love to go and visit this summer for a day or two, maybe I will drop a hint on face book.

The rest of my day was spent chasing my tail and rearranging the furniture, still not too sure I like the new layout, but I am going to have to sleep on that.


Today was day 2 of the Activia Challenge. I ate it at 7 pm, and so far all is well. I still weigh the same, and don't feel anymore nimble than any other day, but we still have 2 days to go.

No comments: