Monday, June 29, 2009

Where do I begin...


Last Wednesday, that would be June 24 Th, I received a call saying a friend of mine had died here in Texas, about 4 1/2 hours north of here, so I loaded up the kids and headed out. It was a real trial getting through the next 4 and a half days.



I pretty much organised the whole funeral and service for my friend. The family had no money or any other means have a funeral, so I arranged for the State to take over. It was done very efficiently but very very basic. My main worry was for the 4 children she left behind. The father, being disabled would not be my first choice to care for these kids, but they left Texas and headed back to Utah on Sunday, I know this is not the end to this story, I will be keeping tabs on the kids and more than likely we will have to help out again in the near future.

The biggest thing for me this past week was realising how unprepared I am for when I die. I don't want money, or lack of it be the main focus, so I need to start planning, not just for me but for Folau too.

Other than the time spent with the family, preparing a service, shopping for them, cleaning, attending the funeral home, or visiting the cemetery, I did manage to have some fun with my kids, It was nice to break up the tension and stress with a little 'time out' for just us.


We went shopping a few times and the kids picked out some really unique shoes.



We went out to eat at their favorite restaurants, That would be Dennys for william.



and we even went bowling one night.





We found a great library too, where we hung out.

This was some desperately needed down time for all of us. It was all over and done with and we headed home Sunday morning. It felt so good to be home, and I was so happy to see Folau and let him know that we love and missed him.







1 comment:

English Rose said...

Juli - you are an amazing women. Sometimes I think you do too much for people with getting the credit you deserve. Can't wait to see you.