Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update ....




Let's start with Williams art camp that finished on Friday...He enjoyed going and being creative, and with the help of my good friend Melissa, he was dropped off and picked up when I was working. One of the assignments he had was to bring a pair of 'old' tennis shoes to sculpt. No problem, we have a few pairs lying around the house, so I told him where to find a pair of Kati's old ones and off he went. Imagine my sheer delight when I showed up at the art exhibition on Friday afternoon to see one of my lovely comfy broken in NIKE's on display.



I was very impressed with the effort he had put in to making my shoe look vibrant.



We enjoyed talking about all the other pieces of art he had created. He really does have an amazing talent. I guess now I can use the excuse that I don't have any tennis shoes , therefore I can't work out...What was my excuse while they were sitting in the closet?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving on....Kati came back from YW camp, and after she got out of the shower I told her I would brush her hair while we chatted about her camp experiences. All was going well until I found a rather large, nay, rather extra large snarl in the back of her noggin....I slipped out into the kitchen for a few seconds and came back, resumed my position and continued combing, then almost as if I had been momentarily possessed, I chopped out the offending nest. I was actually surprised at how calm Kati was through all of this, I credit this to either being too tired or in shock, nevertheless, I tried to level out the disaster which was unfolding in front of me. The next picture you see is damage control at the hairdressers....



OK,so now we are back to the rest of the afternoon/evening. We met our friends at the pool for a
couple of hours. Check out the action.
Folau headed into work at 7 pm for the night, and Melissa and I headed out to do a bit of shopping at KOHL'S. I won some coupons on eBay last night and wanted to try them out. So we spent about 1 and 1/2 hours aimlessly wandering the store, I bought a Tshirt for Kati, a water/ trampoline game for William, a pair of sandals for me, a set of air freshening reed diffusers and a packet of scented markers...total merchandise value was $57. Total I spent $8.24.... Not bad,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So we are up to date now...All in all, a good day. William had a relatively peaceful day, Kati has a new look, and tshirt. And I, well, I am ready to hit the hay. We start church in 9 hours, and I have yet to look at my Primary lesson...shame on me for procrastinating, but at least it will be fresh in my mind when I sit down to teach....goodnight .

No comments: